Friday, August 1, 2008

AF6 and DX Reviews.


Well I just finished reading Artemis Fowl 6 and Daniel X...kinda.

Warning: Spoilers Ahead!!!

Artemis Fowl was excellent like always, Mr. Colfer didn't let me down, another wonderful addition to the series. Though I must admit the attraction between Holly Short and Artemis kind of threw me off. However the improved Artemis had more heart and a little more regular teen aspects to him without losing any of the charm or intelligence.


As for Daniel X...well, honestly it's a bit of a disappointment. I have only gotten to chapter 11 and from what I've read so far, I don't think I want to continue at all. I don't know if it was just too corny or choppy or what but it just doesn't work. I know the genre is fantasy/sci fi but, Daniel is just not a believeable character, it just wasn't realsitic in a way. If it was turned into a comic book or a movie, then maybe, MAYBE it could work well. The idea has so much potential but it was almost butchered I don't want to believe that James Patterson wrote this, especially after reading Max Ride. Well I'm going to try and finish this book (If I don't throw it on the ground from exasperation to often) and hopefully I won't be as disappointed as I am right now. L8r.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg you serious? Artemis Fowl came out? I gotta get me that book :]

MusWriter said...

I kind of agree. Plus, it seems to go way to fast.