Thursday, June 5, 2008

What I Thought but Didn't Say.


"Try to stay One step ahead of the game." -Dad.


That's what I'm trying to do.


"Just keep as many doors as you can open" -stepdad.


How? I can't even see them all.


"Work really hard now, so you can enjoy things later." -mom.


Like you do? Then'll I'll never get to enjoy anything.


"Aim for the Ideal; getting paid for what you love to do." -stepdad.


But how do I find what I love to do?


"Enjoy being a kid now, because you never get to be one again." -mom.


Then why do you scold me everytime I do so?


"Focus! Just get through it." -dad.


Easier said than done.


"Try your best, and give everything your all." -mom and dad.


Like you guys did? Should I burn out and fall apart the same way too?


"Learn from the past." -unknown.


I try to, but sometimes I get lost in what use to be, and forget to plan for what is going to be.


~~~

Just a few off the top of my head, but there are so many times I've kept my mouth shut that it's hard to remember them all.

2 comments:

Techie57 said...

That's exactly what I think every time my parents say that stuff to me.

Unknown said...

My dad tells me the same as your mom. He wants me to be the best and act more mature. My mom say just to be myself that she wont judge me as long as I am a better person then she is.