Thursday, June 5, 2008

View on Fate.


I like to think that, when we enter our world, we all pull straws from the universes hands. Some get short ends, while others long. That is how we start life, coping with the fortune we got, but from there on, our choices rule our lives. Since we control the choices we make, we control what we become. We all travel down rocky paths, with fragile cliffs hanging just above our heads. Fate is just what we call the end results of how well we've worked with what fell in our paths.
Dying is inevitable, it will come.
But Fate is just a title, for the conclusion right before our end.
Preordained is something, fate is not.
...at least not in my eyes.

3 comments:

Levi said...

I see Fate as the ending results. It doesn't define the journey, it leaves that for us. We create the lives we're put into, and Fate fixes up the end for us. Whether Fate is God, or karma, or something else; I don't really know.

Techie57 said...

Personally, I think we're in charge of our own fates. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction - I think that every action we choose to take creates consequences and reactions that make themselves part of what lies ahead of us. Sometimes they cancel each other out or double down; they can cause good things or bad ones.

Sometimes we have enough foresight to see what will happen when we take a certain course of action, and can choose what we want to do. Other times, we're blind. But largely what happens to us is up to us. At least, that's what I think. But I'm the pessimistic skeptic. Believe what you will.

Levi said...

You've been tagged, see my blogs for details. Sorry, I hate tags. I dunno why I even did it.